- What is the CPEQ?
CPEQ is the French acronym for the Quebec Business Council (Conseil Patronal de l’Environnement du Québec).
Founded in 1992 by representatives of Quebec’s main businesses and industrial sectors, the Quebec Business Council on the Environment (CPEQ), is the umbrella organization that represents the Quebec business sector on environmental and sustainable development issues, by coordinating its member companies' objectives. The CPEQ comprises more than 250 companies and 37 associations among the most significant in Quebec, that generate more than 300,000 jobs and report combined revenues of more than 45 billion dollars.
- What is the Environmental Markets Trading Platform (EMTP)?
It is an online platform where Quebec businesses can post “Invitations to negotiate” and sell, buy, rent, share or donate environmental goods. In essence, it is an electronic (online) bulletin board, designed with an industrial ecology and circular economy perspective, to promote industrial exchanges. Its functionalities are explained in detail in this Tutorial video.
- What products are posted for exchange on the EMTP?
- Fuels and combustibles
- Residual materials and natural resources
- Paper and cardboard
- Organic matters
- Mixed matters
- Other matters
- Human resources
- Material resources
- Storage area
- Office space or meeting room
- Heavy machinery
- Transport capacity
- Small equipment
- Who can post an Invitation to Negotiate?
- Do you have to be a member of CPEQ to use the Platform?
No. Non-members can also use the Platform.
- Do you have to become a member of EMTP to access the Platform?
You simply need to obtain a User ID and password by completing the online form or by contacting CPEQ at 514-393-1122 or by email at email@example.com. Once your User ID is set up, you can use the Platform which is also accessible through CPEQ’s website (www.cpeq.org).
It should be noted that all CPEQ members can use their regular user ID and password to access the Platform.
- How do I get a User ID to access the Platform?
To obtain a User ID and a password, you can complete the online form or contact CPEQ at 514-393-1122 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is access to the platform only reserved for Quebec businesses?
No, any business can use it.
- Is this process anonymous or would my name be divulged to the public or to CPEQ members if I use the Platform?
When a user submits an Invitation to Negotiate, that user's identification information is divulged only to CPEQ which is obliged to keep it confidential.
If another platform user wishes to respond to an Invitation to Negotiate, he must fill out the appropriate online form and his identification information is forwarded by email to CPEQ as well as to the user who published the invitation. Once this information has been transmitted, it is up to the publishing user to decide if he wishes to communicate with the other user to negotiate.
- What are the fees to use the EMTP?
Access to the Platform has been free of charge for both members and non-members since its inception and that is still the case.
- Is an "Invitation to Negotiate" on the EMTP a binding contract?
The publication of an "Invitation to Negotiate" is not binding in any way to the user who publishes it on the platform nor for anyone who responded to it. An "Invitation to Negotiate" is neither a promise nor an offer to contract under the Civil Code of Québec. The potential buyers, sellers, lessors, lessees, donors and donees, once they connect through the Platform, may negotiate the details and decide to agree on a contract.
- Does CPEQ get contractually involved with the potential buyers, sellers, lessors, lessees, donors and donees?
CPEQ is not a party to any contract arising from the use of the Platform and is not bound by any contractual or non-contractual liability arising directly or indirectly from the use of the Platform.
- Is the Platform regulated?
No. The EMTP is not a regulated platform. In essence, it is an online bulletin board.
- What are the benefits of the EMTP?
The Platform provides a “central marketplace” in the form of an electronic bulletin board, for businesses wishing to take part in the industrial ecology and circular economy models.
- How do I become a CPEQ member?
- Who can I contact to obtain more information on using the EMTP?
For more information on the Platform and its use, please contact us at 514 393-1122 or by email at email@example.com.